Thursday, April 26, 2012

Syracuse University End of Semester Buzz







Happy End of April! This means it’s almost GRADUATION TIME at Syracuse University! WOO! Which means a lot of students going home for the summer break.  I’m super stoked for a break and even more excited to be moving back to the West coast and be with my family again.   It should be totally radical. For so long, I felt so nervous about graduation. I am conquering the beast that was Syracuse, rising through the ranks of scrubs over my four years.  I established strong connections, made great work, and truly embraced my education for what it was: an opportunity.  At the end of my tenure at Syracuse, I was treated no longer as a student, but an a colleague capable of anything and everything! I was on top and I could pull it off, I just need the chance.  Well, the chance was given to me, Los Angeles is beckoning, and here I go to Sony Pictures Studios for an interview.  I have never felt so humbled in my life. 
Things around the Visitor Center have been nice and exciting thanks to our Spring Receptions!  Spring Receptions allow you to discover the exciting traditions and history that makes Syracuse University a special place to spend your college years.  The day is full of events provides the opportunity to meet with current students and learn more about academic programs through staff and faculty from your college of admissions, explore the campus, and meet with representatives from many of the offices and student organizations at SU.   It’s fun to see all the Dean’s Team members chatting with prospective students and their families, and even more fun getting to be ‘behind the scenes’ and working on the Executive Board. We’re always finding new ways to promote The College of Arts and Sciences, may it be with Dean’s Team lollipops, Admissions movies, or social media committees. I love being a part of the recruiting process for new Dean’s Team members.
For many school is nice and hectic right now due to finals.   Many SU students have daunting schedule in which they have very little free time but most really enjoy being busy and getting the most out of the school/work week. I myself have been sick the past couple of weeks  and with the heck schedule and finals underway…maybe I should go to Health Services? Decisions, decisions.
Aside from the boring stuff, I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the City of Syracuse recently by going to performances at the Westcott theater, which is only ten minutes from campus. Plenty of really spectacular bands run through Syracuse, and I got to see an awesome funk/rock band called ‘Galactic’ on Tuesday with my roommate. The smooth trombones were certainly a stress reliever!
Hope all is well in the world, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment